off the map 1.1

posted by codi bennett , Nov 2, 2011

marriage: brought to you by the Holy Spirit

On August 24 2011 Mr.Bennett and I celebrated 9 years of marriage.  hooray!  Of course I’m thankful for my husband - I can definitely attribute 9 successful and God-honoring years of wedded brilliance to him.  However - much more so I know it has nothing to do with him - or I, but the decision to surrender our relationship to the Holy Spirit.  I seriously cannot fathom how marriages survive without Him.  I know ours wouldn’t.  Granted I accept that not every individual has the personalities that coincide with that of James and I, nonetheless, there’s no doubt our marriage would collapse on our skillfullness alone. 
This last week we were gifted with a new book on the Holy Spirit and I’m charged up to dive into it - I’m sure it will be a great look into who the Holy Spirit is and how effective and integral He must be in order for us to live life to the full as stated in John 10:10.  I encourage you to dive into the Word and learn more about the Holy Spirit.  Pick up Robert Morris’ book and educate yourself on who He is.  And most importantly, seek Him.  The Holy Spirit is a gentleman and as such, will not be controlling or forceful.  He patiently waits on us to make the first move.  Respond in a way that demonstrates James 4:8. “Come near to God and He will come near to you.
L->R: YoungBennett, KenJorgenson, ChristopherBeard, TedGates, BenGates, AndrewSchmidt, JamesBennett,CodiBennett, RandiGleason, ShelleyStephenson, MhariTurner, CristeeTesta,PaigeEgan, LauraDavis. front: JedPolk, SamanthaStephenson, DesireeStephenson
-cjb-

2 Response to "off the map 1.1"

James Says:

This comment is brought to you by wanting to get into blogging again.

Thanks for the book tip - we're currently reading Tozer's The Pursuit of God, which sounds like it would be a good companion. Good news - Pursuit of God is a Kindle freebie.

codi Says:

uncle james!
i’ve been locked out of my blog and can’t figure out how to get back in!
-codi