Off the Map - 1.0

posted by codi bennett , Oct 29, 2011


For a while I’ve been ‘off the map’ so to speak and with good reason.  As children, we were well taught; ‘if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.’  Hence - my stillness.  There’s a certain occurrence in a woman’s life that in my experience has the tendency to steal one’s personality and that occurrence just happened to befall this woman late this summer.
Pregnancy. [insert dramatic music]
On August 28 I discovered I was pregnant with baby number four and was able to give explanation to why I had been feeling so disconnected with myself, inexplicably nauseous and had yes, misplaced my personality.
I have good news; pregnancy doesn’t always shoplift ones disposition indefinitely - in my exposure to this creature of fallen nature it’s typically most disruptive of just the first few months - well known as the first trimester.  I have officially broken the tape of the first trimester and graduated to phase two so am confidently regaining the reigns to my presence and temperament.  And all the people said, “Amen”.
In light of my sabbatical from mass communication, updates, twitters, facebooks, blogs, extended phone conversations and held tongue (in effort to remain kind and creditable) I would like to commence an official update to apprise you of the recent happenings amongst the Bennett Tribe.  I’ve learned through my brief and inexperienced path of blogging and writing that I have a tendency to be somewhat lengthy in my discourse so I have aptly chosen to distribute this update in a series.
Stay tuned.


-cjb-

2 Response to "Off the Map - 1.0"

daydreamer Says:

Glad to see things are looking brighter! You are an inspiration! Xoxo

Feisty Mama Says:

Glad to see you are back!!