Books That Make Me A Better Mom

posted by codi bennett , Apr 25, 2011



my TOP TEN favorite parenting books… in no particular order

I try really hard to ‘be a good mom’… but on my best day I’m still just a broken women trying to remain patient, be creative, set a healthy example for my children and maintain sanity all whilst I attempt to keep up with the laundry and make dinner.  Of course the bible has been a tremendous resource in our adventure of teaching, training, raising and parenting our kiddies.  In addition to the Bible I’ve found a few books [below] that have been great assets in navigating the world of motherhood.  I’d love to get your input if you’ve read these books and hear what you’re reading now and what tools have helped you along the way!





















What’s your fave parenting book?


-cjb-

4 Response to "Books That Make Me A Better Mom"

Sonya Says:

“Preparing Him for the other Woman”
A Mother’s Guide to Raise a Great Husband
By Sheri Rose Shepherd

I have found this book a great tool to help me be practical in my approach to raising a Godly Man.

Sonya

Your Name Here... Says:

I dont have a fav parenting book because I cannot find time to read with school< and the Bible, and the love dare, and >>>>shouldnt I sleep somewhere in there? However I just bought a book called Five conversations to have with your daughter....
Although shes five...teen... I feel like I need to read it. If I get the time. YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MOM

Anonymous Says:

Great list, Codie! My recent favorites include Have a New Kid by Friday. (forces the issue of making changes as a parent to gain positive changes in the kiddos), and Bringing up Girls.

Lisa Westervelt

Alicia Says:

well, this isn't really in line with all of your exceptionally responsible christian parenting book choices, BUT i just finished reading a book called the Glass Castle (it's a true story) and i have been pondering it for weeks now. i can't describe it, her parents were really something else, but it sure has made me want to be a better mother and inspired me in a strange way. pick it up if you have time, it'll be a fast read. love you Cojo! *be warned, it's not a christian book, foul language is present...sorry :-(