[an account of assurance]
part I :: thank you, baby

posted by codi bennett , Jan 10, 2011

I initiated a blog a couple years ago and never devoted the time to it. Thus, it never developed into anything read worthy [as you can see below]. As of recent, some circumstances have unfolded in my life that make blogging seem more attractive, or at minimum, more necessary, to communicate the array of my thoughts and feelings on such episodes.

My perspectives have been altered, my thought processes have been challenged, my ego has been scotched, my desire to learn has been enlarged, above all, my God has been glorified; and my need for Him has been amplified... these are the musings of such developing events - may you be encouraged, energized and enlightened. Or at least be entertained!

Children are no small on-taking. Least of all, the expense of one. The average, uncomplicated, delivery is about $13,000. That's just to welcome baby into the world. To actually leave the hospital, you must prove you've adequately supplied the gear necessary to decorate such a child with coordinating carseat and burpcloth. A minimal cost of say, $2000. Stop by BabyCenter [one of my fave baby websites] to add up your own costs if you're expecting at http://www.babycenter.com/baby-cost-calculator. Interesting to play with, even if you aren’t expecting a new baby!

All that to say, when we have a baby, and thereby meet our [rather high] deductible we like to take advantage of the already spent funds by making good on any other healthcare visits we see fit. Our insurance pays 100% once our deductible is met so it’s a ‘great deal’.

With the birth of our third baby, Reeves Adler, I was in just such a position to make those appointments and had made arrangements to visit the dermatologist. I had not been to a dermatologist in over 15 years, and as the big three-oh [side note: I am pretty darn excited to turn 30] looms in 2011 I saw fit to get my ivory skin a check-up.

to be continued... [click to continue]

-cjb-

1 Response to "[an account of assurance]
part I :: thank you, baby"

codi bennett Says:

]??]
how much did your theoretical baby cost on http://www.babycenter.com/baby-cost-calculator??